Cardboard contraptions took a beating flying down Kendall Mountain in the Cardboard Derby competition held as part of Snowscape last year. Above, the “Hippy Death Trap” disintegrates. Photo by David Emory
'The theme for Snowscape 2012 is Mardi Gras, according to Snowscape coordinator Karen Srebacic.
All persons interested in volunteering, entering in an event, or having questions should call Karen at (970) 759-5557.
• Night Skiing — Saturday, hours to be determined; there will be a $10 fee per person, all ages. The night skiing is not included in the Kendall Mountain season pass.
Friday, Feb. 10
• 6 p.m.: Snowmobile parade. Snowmobile Club kicking off this year’s Snowscape with a parade to Kendall Mountain Rec. for the annual tree burn.
• 6:15: Annual tree burn.
• 7 p.m. — Poker tournament, Kendall Mountain Cafe.
• 7:30 p.m. — Silverton’s Got Talent, at Town Hall.
• 9 p.m.: Live music, Silverton Brewery
Saturday, Feb. 11
Music on the deck all day at Kendall Mountain Recreation Area. The concessionaire will have the grill lunch special going with burgers/dogs/etc.
• 11 a.m.: Ball Drop
• 12 p.m.: Shovel Race
• 1 p.m.: Box Car Race
• 1 p.m.: Snow Golf at train depot
• 2 p.m.: Croquet Tournament, Kendall Mountain.
• 3 p.m.: Ice sculpture judging
• 9 p.m.: Grand Imperial & American Legion – BAND,
• Hours TBD: Night Skiing - Pending approval from State
Sunday, Feb. 12
• 7-10 a.m. pancake breakfast at American Legion.
• 11 a.m.: Horseshoes
• Noon-3 p.m.: Cross Country Races, Snowshoe race, & Bocce tournament.
• 3 p.m.: Server “rush” at Kendall Mountain Recreation Area.
Skijoring: Feb. 18-19
The 2012 Silverton Skijoring Festival will be on Blair Street Feb. 18-19.