The Silverton High School all-class reunion will be held this weekend, Aug 31. to Sept. 3.
“The school turned 100 last fall and we had hoped that there might be a reunion for the centennial year, but the work was not complete at that time,” said organizer Paul Voilleque. “We’ll be gathering to celebrate the new facility and the 101st year of operation this Labor Day Weekend.”
Sign-in for registered attendees as well as late registration will be in the Gymnasium on Friday afternoon (31 August) and on Saturday.
The registration fee for reunion attendees will be $13 to cover the costs of the dance, ice cream social, welcoming hospitality, postage, and a $2 donation to the school. Advance registration is encouraged, so your nametag and ticket to the ice cream social, as well as tickets for other events you choose to attend can be ready when you arrive.
For more information, call (303) 364-1234 (Paul Voilleque), or (970) 759-1708 (Sandy (Voilleque) Campuzano), or send an e-mail to email@example.com
2012 Silverton All School Reunion
Aug. 31–Sept. 3
• Registration in the Gymnasium: Friday. Aug. 31, 31 1–5 p.m.; Saturday, Sept. 1, 9 a.m.–noon
• Rededication of Silverton School: Saturday, 2 p.m., at entrance on west side (Snowden Street)
• Ice Cream Social: Saturday, 2:30–4:30 p.m., school grounds or in gymnasium if rainy.
• Small Group School Tours: Saturday, 3–4:30 p.m.
• Elegant Night at the San Juan County Historical Society Museum: Saturday, 7–9 p.m.
• Historic Silverton Movie: “Sand”: Sunday, 1–3 p.m., School Activity Room
• Reunion Dinner: Sunday, 6:30–8:30 p.m., school gymnasium.
• Reunion Dance Party ! Sunday, 9 p.m.–midnight, School Activity Room
• Closing, coffee and donuts: Monday, 9–11 a.m., school gymnasium.