• Blue Ribbon Fun Run/Walk, Memorial Park, registration 6:30 a.m., start, 7:30 a.m.; 2K, 5K, 10K.
• Parade, downtown at 10:30 a.m., followed by Fire Departments’ Water Fight.
• International Rhubarb Festival & Brass Band concert, Memorial Park after parade.
• Ducky Derby, 2 p.m., Cement Creek, Memorial Park.
• Old Fashioned Picnic at the American Legion Hall, after parade.
• Fireworks after dark.
Town of Silverton Colorado
4th of July 2013
Schedule of 4th Events
7:30 a.m. -- 2k/5k/10k Blue Ribbon Fun Run
At Memorial Park Benefits the Silverton Youth Center www.silvertonalpinerunning.com
10:30 am. -- 4th of July Parade and Water Fight
Loop on Greene St. & Blair St. Sponsored by Fire Departments and Auxiliary THEME: A WILD WEST 4TH OF JULY
CANCELLED DUE TO FEDERAL SEQUESTER
Following Parade & Water Fight --- International Rhubarb Festival & Silverton Brass Band Concert At Memorial Park Sponsored by Friends of the Library
During the Rhubarb Festival Kid’s Events at Memorial Park Friends of the Library
Noon to 3pm -- Silverton Youth Center Fundraiser for Dillon’s Run At Memorial Park Hot dogs, chips and soda
2 p.m. -- Launch of Ducky Derby On Cement Creek in Memorial Park Silverton Area Chamber of Commerce
2 p.m. Matinee -- A Theatre Group presents “Almost, Maine” at the Grand Imperial Hotel Theatre
LIVE MUSIC—no cover
Natalia’s -Throughout the day & evening Stellar Ristorante - 4-8 pm - Funkdafari
9:30 p.m. ---- The Largest Fireworks Display on the Western Slope! courtesy of the Silverton/SJ Volunteer Fire Department
YOUR DONATIONS SUPPORT OUR LOCAL FIREWORKS
DONATIONS ACCEPTED DURING THE PARADE, IN FIREMENS’ BOOTS AROUND TOWN, OR BY MAIL TO SSJVFD, BOX 583, SILVERTON 81433